Job announcement for a position in the Policies Development and Quality Assurance (PDQA”) Department
Purpose of the Job
The key objective of this position is to contribute to the work aimed at planning, facilitating, and coordinating policy development and quality assurance work on the topics covered by the MENAFATF and related topics to the FATF.
Tasks and Responsibilities
Carry out the tasks and duties listed below and coordinate with the Executive Officer in their implementation:
- Contribute to the work related to the development and review of AML/CFT policies.
- Contribute to ensuring the quality and consistency of Mutual Evaluation Reports, documents, technical and public publications, documents on best practices, etc.
- Contribute to research related to AML/CFT and keep abreast of developments in this area.
- Participate in the review process of mutual evaluation programs.
- Participate with the FATF in work related to the responsibilities and objectives of the MENAFATF, including work on FATF's International Network Coordination Working Group; the Policy Development Working Group and the International Cooperation Review Working Group, as well as the Mutual Evaluation process.
- Communicate and coordinate with the concerned authorities on related issues.
- Participate in and coordinate the work of the pool of national experts.
- Participate in organizing the Plenary and the relevant working groups’ meetings and event.
- Participate in drafting, editing, and finalizing the preparation of relevant documents and presenting these documents and their discussions during meetings.
- Cooperate with the Secretariat's employees in carrying out professional tasks in a manner that guarantees MENAFATF’s best interests and harmony.
- Representing MENAFATF as needed.
- Carry out any other tasks assigned thereto by the Executive Officer in the PDQA Department or by the MENAFATF's Executive Secretary.
Qualifications and skills required:
- It is preferable to have experience in the area of institutions’ legal or financial supervision.
- A minimum of a bachelor’s degree in an equivalent major issued by an internationally recognized university.
- At least five years of field experience in the area of AML/CFT.
- Mastery of at least two languages of the MENAFATF approved languages (i.e., Arabic, English, and French).
- The ability to build effective communication with the widest group of contacts.
- Written and oral communication abilities, in addition to prove-based skills in working with international and government entities, having the effective ability to handle different tasks whilst giving special care to details, as well as the ability to follow-up with projects until the date of their completion
- Independence in work and behavior without the need for the daily directives of the Executive Officer to achieve the desired goals, at least, to the minimum.
- Broad knowledge of computer skills with experience in computer applications such as word processing, spreadsheets, and presentations.
- The ability to collaborate and coordinate effectively with external bodies, management, and employees of all levels to maximize performance, innovation, problem-solving and results.
Applications are sent attached with curriculum vitae of the candidate to the MENAFATF on: firstname.lastname@example.org .