about left menu
The MENAFATF Plenary elects from amongst its members; the President and Vice President with expertise in the areas of combating money laundering and terrorist financing who will remain in the position for one year, provided that the President and Vice President are not from the same country.
The current President for 2019 is H.E. Dr. Subhi Musbah ZEED, The Director of the Libyan Financial Intelligence Unit (FIU).
H.E. Dr. Subhi Musbah ZEED
- Ph.D. in Public Law, Faculty of Law, University of Alexandria, Egypt (2015).
- M.A. in Public Law, Faculty of Law, University of Al-Murqab (2006).
- Bachelor of Law, Faculty of Law, University of Al-Murqab (1998).
- President of the Middle East and North Africa Financial Action Task Force (2019).
- Vice President of the Middle East and North Africa Financial Action Task Force (2018).
- Director of Libyan Financial Information Unit (since 2016).
- Head of Public Law Department, Faculty of Law, University of Tarhona (2008-2009).
- Legal Researcher at the Legal Office of Al-Khums Municipality (2000-2002).
- Director of the legal office of Al-Khums municipality (2002-2006).
- Deputy Director of the Education Sector Legal Office in Al-Murqab Governorate (2006-2008).
- Teaching Staff Member in Public Law Department, Faculty of Law (University of Tripoli, Al- Murqab, Al-Zaytouna) since 2006.
Memberships and committees
- Member of the National anti-Money Laundering and Terrorism Financing Committee (since 2016).
- Member of the General Assembly of the Libyan-African Aviation Holding Company (2018).
- Member of the Quality and Performance assessment Team in Higher Education Institutions (2009-2016).
- Member of the Legal Board of the Restructuring Universities Working Group (2009).
- Legal Member of the Personnel Affairs Board in Al-Murqab Governorate (2002-2006)