Member countries endeavour towards achieving the following objectives:
- To adopt and implement the FATF 40 Recommendations on combating money laundering and financing of terrorism and proliferation;
- To implement the relevant UN treaties and agreements and United Nations Security Council Resolutions;
- To co-operate among each other to raise compliance with these standards within the MENA Region and to cooperate with other international and regional organizations, institutions and agencies to improve compliance worldwide;
- To work jointly to identify issues of regional nature related to money laundering and terrorist financing, and to share relevant experiences and to develop solutions for dealing with them;
- To take measures throughout the region to effectively combat money laundering and terrorist financing in a way that does not contradict with the cultural values, constitutional frameworks and legal systems in the member countries.